Full Name Change vs. Married Name Change vs. Legal Name Change

Comparing the Different Name Change Types

An official name changing starts at the state, where people have to complete the steps of marriage or legal name change in their state of residence. Once the steps at the state level have been completed, the person can request a name change for the federal level elements, such as the social security card. It is unlikely that financial institutions and government agencies will recognize the change unless the change is a full name change. [Read More]